Friday, May 28, 2010

I love my bits box

When doing any major customization, a bits box is your bestest friend, right next to an ability not to carve your own thumb off with a scalple.

I have never used green stuff, If I have to fill any holes I generally use liquid nails, cheeper to buy, and is easy to carve when dry.

But my looted wagon/3rd battlewagon was a hell of a challange.

I really should have taken photos of this, but I'll get some photos of it pre-basecoat up tomorrow and describe what I did and where I got the parts.. Some of it even amazed me, I mean seriously, you'll never guess what I made the floorboards of the rear troop compartment out of. Oh I also rarely if ever use plasticard.. I just can't seem to do it.. alot of my stuff that I do up are converted or re-used or carved up to suit what I need. I know thats what most others do too. I'm just saying its the way I do it.. I find alot of the stuff I do when it's hand made one off with plasticard and putty.. ends up looking like arse, or I end up hating it so much I buy the real modle to replace it..

But I am really happy how this one came out.. just to get you thinking about it.. it was a classic third ed Leman Russ. It now has that looted fun feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment